A bit of History
Tram transportation in Stockholm started in 1877. At that time, the city had about 150 000 inhabitants and public transporation was very poor.
At that time, the trams were pulled by horses but as electricity made it's entrance in the city, the horses were retired. In 1905 they were replaced by electric trams. The old stables were replaced with the new Spårvagnshallarna.
When right-hand traffic was implemented in 1967, the old tram system became obsolete. Spårvagnhallarna was used for some time as museum over the past tramway era.
Today, since 1994, Spårvagnshallarna is once again a center of communication and interaction between people.